For all users, who are facing a printer error that states Set default printer in window 10, we’ve described the easy and less time-consuming printer troubleshooting steps. Therefore, to customize the printer to use as a default printer, check the details provided below.
This article provides the step by steps instructions to set default printer in window 10. So, thoroughly read the printer troubleshooting steps tabled below to get rid of the printer problem. It is quite challenging to set a particular printer as a default printer in Window 7. On the other hand, in windows, it is quite difficult to set default printer in window.
Many people use multi printers on a computer, so for them, we have here provided the printer troubleshooting steps to set default printer in window 10. Furthermore, for all users who are in search of the steps to set default printer in windows 10, they all must carefully read the methods provided below.
Sometimes, it happens that the users fail to set default printer in window 10, and they think that replacing the printer is a better way to resolve the printer problem. But, now they don’t have to worry because here we have enrolled the printer troubleshooting steps to get rid of the printer error.
To set default printer, users will have to make some changes in the settings. Thus, below we have explained the process to resolve the printer error. So, all sufferers are recommended to apply the steps as mentioned below.
To select a default printer, choose the Start button and next Settings. Go to Devices > Printers & scanners > select a printer > Manage. Then select Set as default.
In Windows 10 computer, you can set your last printer used as a default printer. To turn on this style, open Start and select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Please select the checkbox beside Let Windows manage my default printer.
Steps to Set default printer in window 10
When any user chooses the printer to accomplish the printing task, then they don’t have to specify the printer because the window uses the default printer. Therefore, to set default printer in window 10, follow the printer troubleshooting steps as stated below.
- Press the “windows” icon at the bottom left of the screen or hold and press the Windows button on the keyboard.
- Then from there, search for the “Printers” option.
- Now from the search result, select the “Printers and Scanners” option.
- After this, by clicking on the checkbox, uncheck the option “Allow windows to manage the default printer”.
- To set the default printer, select the device from the printers and scanners list. Then click on it and after that, click on the “Manage” option.
- A new screen will get open; from there select “Select as default” option.
- After doing this, the selected printer will now set as a default printer.
- To enable the default printer settings, the users are recommended to recheck the “Allow windows to manage the default printer” button.
So, these were the printer troubleshooting steps required to set default printer. We expect that it would have become easy for all users to get rid of the printer problem. If anyhow, there is any user who seeks for expert assistance, then they all are recommended to take printer help from the well-versed team of printer service.