Users who are facing the Epson printer not printing error, for them, we have talked about the solution to resolve the printer problem. It’s very frustrating when after giving the print command a printer error gets display on the screen saying “Epson Printer not printing”. It may stop the user from printing the document. But all users are recommended that they should not worry because here in this section we have mentioned the printer troubleshooting steps to resolve the printer not working issue.
Ways to fix Epson Printer not printing Issue
There are several fixes to resolve the printer problem. But, below discussed printer troubleshooting steps are straightforward, and one can quickly solve the printer error with the help of the steps explained here.
Check the printer connection
- For all users who are using a USB cable to connect the printer
- Ensure that the USB cable is correctly connected with the printer.
- If it isn’t, then reconnect the USB cable and ensure that they are appropriately connected with both ports, i.e. the printer and the computer.
- Try to connect the printer directly with the computer without the help of a hub.
- If this works, then try connecting the cable to another USB port and check, if there any problem with the USB cable.
For all users who are using a network printer
- All users are suggested to ensure that the network connections, as well as network devices like router and modem, are correctly connected.
- Then check the network connection status of the printer and see if the printer is connected correctly.
- If the printer is connected with the wired connection, then reconnect or replace the network cable when necessary.
- For all wireless printers, try to reconnect the printer with the home or work network.
For all users who are connecting the printer with Bluetooth
All users are suggested to check and make sure that the printer is kept close enough to the computer.
Also, try to repair the printer with the computer and check if the Epson printer not printing issue gets resolved.
Set printer as a default printer
The Epson printer not working issue occurs because the current printer is not set as a default printer on the computer. Therefore, to set the default printer on the computer, we’ve here provided the printer troubleshooting steps to set the Epson printer as the default printer.
- Press the window logo key and the R key together at the same time to invoke the run box.
- Then, type “Control” and then hit the “Enter” button.
- Now under the “view by” option, select the “large icons” option.
- After this, select the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Then, right-click on the printer and select the “Set as default printer” option.
- Hopefully, after trying these printer troubleshooting steps, it helps to resolve the Epson printer not printing error.
Check the printer spooler service
The printer spooler service option on the computer helps the users to manage the print jobs and also helps to make the communication between the printer and the computer.
In case, if the printer spooler service is turned off, then the Epson printer not working issue arises.
- Therefore, to check the printer spooler service running correctly, all users are suggested to apply the instructions as discussed below.
- To evoke the run box, press the Window logo key and the “R” key together at the same time.
- Now, type the “services.msc” and then press the Enter button on the keyboard.
- After doing this, the service window will appear on the screen.
- Then find and double click on the “Printer spooler” option.
- Then ensure that the startup type is set to Automatic and the service status is running.
- In anyhow it is not running, then set the startup type to the “Automatic” and then click on the Start button.
- Then click on the “OK” option.
- Now check if the Epson printer not printing error got resolved or not.
Clear all print jobs
The users who are facing printing issue, then they all are recommended to check if there is any job stuck in the print queue. In such a case, the users are suggested to clear the print queue to use the printer. Thus, the printer troubleshooting steps provided below are regarding the ways to fix the printer not working issue. So, go through the steps provided below and apply the same to get out of the printer problem.
- First of all, to invoke the run box press the window logo key and the R button together.
- Then type “services.msc” and press the Enter button on the keyboard.
- After doing this, the services window will get display on the screen.
- From there, find the click on the print spooler option.
- Then, click on the “stop” option and press the “OK” option.
- After this, minimize the Services window. Then open the File Explorer.
Now, copy and paste the following address mentioned below in the address bar and then press the “Enter” option on the keyboard, to go the window where the print jobs are stored.
From there, delete all files mentioned in the folder.
Then restore the services window. After this, double click on the print spooler service option.
- Now, click on the start button.
- Once the service gets started, then to save the changes, click on OK.
- Then close all open windows and turn off the computer.
- Carefully turn off the printer and remove the power cable from it.
- Now, leave the printer for a minimum one minute.
- Turn the printer ON, by plugging the power cable to the printer.
- After this, turn ON the printer and check if the Epson printer not printing issue gets resolved or not.
So, this was all about the printer troubleshooting steps to resolve the printer not working issue. We hope that the steps mentioned above were helpful for all users to fix the printer error.